“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
Viktor E. Frankl
What really is…”therapy”?
Therapy is an opportunity to understand, heal, and enhance
your wellbeing, relationships, and life.
Individual therapy is for anyone who is struggling with anxiety, depression, excessive worrying, OCD, panic, or any other mental health concern. Therapy also supports anyone struggling to uncover their purpose or passion in life, and is helpful for large life transitions and adjustments.
At this time, I am only offering individual therapy.
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
A few quick facts about CBT:
- It is one of the most scientifically tested approaches to psychological disorders
- It is used for a variety of mental health issues, including anxiety, depression, OCD, Eating Disorders, and Bipolar Disorder.
- It is also extremely effective in the treatment of self esteem issues, substance abuse, and unhealthy relational patterns.
- CBT examines how your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are connected.
- You learn skills in therapy, but those who apply those skills outside of session see the fastest and longest lasting results.
Amy Holan, LMFT, CCATP, MHP
Hi there. Choosing the right therapist can be a daunting task. To make your decision a little easier, here is a little about my approach.
I approach therapy from the perspective that my goal is to work myself out of a job. You likely have a goal coming in, whether that is to feel better, feel more engaged with life, or more connected in the relationships around you. I am a solutions-focused family therapist, meaning I approach all of my work through a systemic lens with the plan to help you reach whatever goal you have. I use evidence-based approaches, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). I am a Certified Clinical Anxiety Treatment Professional (CCATP), which denotes additional training and certification in the treatment of anxiety disorders. I utilize the latest research in Neuroscience to ensure that treating anxiety actually works.
I am warm, collaborative, and encourage both laughter and tears in session. I am multiculturally competent and am honored to support BIPOC and LGBQTIA communities.
Teletherapy for Washington State residents.
- (206) 790-9695
Whole Person Evolution, PLLC